Preparing for storm season
Living in Queensland means always being prepared for severe weather events, including bushfires, summer storms and other natural disasters.
With the arrival of summer and cyclone season, you are strongly advised to put together an emergency kit and to ensure that your staff are well prepared.
You should also:
- trim tree branches to keep them well clear of your service
- arrange for an arborist to check larger trees on your property
- check and clean your roof, gutters and downpipes
- identify loose objects such as outdoor furniture and toys that will have to be put away or secured if a storm approaches
- have masking tape for windows/doors and plastic sheeting or large garbage bags available, in case of emergency
You can find more information on the Queensland Government – Department of Education and Training website.