Child Care Related Regulations and Information
Here we have collected a range of relevant child care related resources, in terms of regulations, documentation and general information for anyone wishing to become a Family Day Care provider or even existing Care Providers in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Government Regulations and Resources
General Family Day Care Resources
Family Day Care National Quality Framework
Kids at Home Educators Stories
Become an educator!
Perhaps you have not been working while you care for your own children?
Or you could be looking for a change of direction? You are considering a job in child care?
Do you realise you can run your own business, working from home caring for children?
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
ACECQA – Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority – their focus is on improving the quality of early children’s education and care services across Australia. They will be monitoring and promoting the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Law across all states and territories and will also oversee how the National Quality Standard is applied across the country and ensure that services are meeting the new requirements.
ACECQA has a range of resources available to assist educators, approved providers and Regulatory Authorities.
National Quality Framework resources
ACECQA's range of materials assist providers and educators to better understand and align their practice with the National Quality Framework, as well as support conversations with families. Fine out more here.
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia PDF
- My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia RTF
- My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia PDF
- National Quality Agenda Early Childhood Education and Care National Partnership Agreement PDF
- Guide to the National Quality Framework PDF
- NQS Posters
- Supporting Materials and Resources
Snapshots provides analysis and information on the profile of the sector, progress of assessment and rating and the quality rating of services including by provider management type and service sub-type. Click here
ACECQA's range of materials assist providers and educators to better understand and align their practice with the National Quality Framework, as well as support conversations with families. Click Here
FDC compliance guides
These guides draw on the National Law and Regulations current as at 1 October 2017 and apply to all states and territories except for WA. (See below for guidance materials for WA.)
Kidsafe Queensland is a not for profit organisation dedicated to preventing death and injury to children.
Click here for Kidsafe Home Safety Guidelines
Family Day Care Australia
Family Day Care Australia represents, supports and promotes the sector in delivering quality outcomes for children.
- QLD Government Car Safety Child Restraint Information
- Australian Toy Association – Toy and Play Environment Safety
- Developing Your Fire Evacuation Plan – Queensland Fire and Rescue
- Queensland Children’s Library
- Australian Child Restraint resource Initiative
- Catching Fire – Fire Safety at Home QFRS Video