Child Care Related Regulations and Information
Here we have collected a range of relevant child care related resources, in terms of regulations, documentation and general information for anyone wishing to become a Family Day Care provider or even existing Care Providers in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Government Regulations and Resources
- Blue Card Application Information (QLD)
- My Child – Find local child care and much more
- Australian Government – Department of Human Services
Family Day Care National Quality Framework
- Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- ACECQA NQF Resources
- National Quality Standards
General Family Day Care Resources
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
ACECQA – Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority – their focus is on improving the quality of early children’s education and care services across Australia. They will be monitoring and promoting the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Law across all states and territories and will also oversee how the National Quality Standard is applied across the country and ensure that services are meeting the new requirements.
ACECQA has a range of resources available to assist educators, approved providers and Regulatory Authorities.
National Quality Framework resources
Download the National Quality Framework guides and templates, or order a National Quality Framework Resource Kit here.
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia RTF
- Promoting Collaborative Partnerships Between School Age Care Services and Schools PDF
- Educators Guide: My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia PDF
- Educators Guide: Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia PDF
- Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia PDF
- My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia RTF
- My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia PDF
- National Quality Agenda Early Childhood Education and Care National Partnership Agreement PDF
- Guide to the National Quality Framework PDF
- Guide to the National Quality Standard PDF
- Guide to the National Law and National Regulations PDF
- Overview of the National Quality Framework
You can download learning frameworks and associated resources including Being, Belonging and Becoming – The Early Years Framework for Australia and My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia here.
Assessment and Rating resources
Resources for services and regulatory authorities to assist in understanding the Assessment and Rating process, available here.
Operational Information for Regulatory Authorities and ACECQA
Resources and material available for Regulatory Authorities and ACECQA staff can be found here.
Templates and forms
The sample forms from the Guide to the National Law and National Regulations are available to download in PDF and editable Word versions here.
Five fast facts
Read a series of short articles from the ACECQA newsletter here.
Former Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
On 18 September 2013 the Department of Education and the Department of Employment was created out of the former Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
- Kidsafe Queensland is a not for profit organisation dedicated to preventing death and injury to children. Click here for Kidsafe Family Day Care Safety Guidelines
Professional Support Coordinator Queensland (PSCQ)
PSCQ is a project of the Health and Community Services Workforce Council and is funded by the Australian Government to coordinate professional support for Queensland child care services eligible for the Child Care Benefit.
- Staying Healthy in Child Care
- Early Childhood Australia
- Early Childhood Australia – Code of Ethics
- My Child’s First Day (DETA Fact Sheet)
- Glossary of Child Care Related Terms
- QLD Government; Poisoning Prevention – Plants and Mushrooms
- QLD Government; Poisons Information Centre, around the home
- QLD Government Car Safety Child Restraint Information
- Australian Toy Association – Toy and Play Environment Safety
- Developing Your Fire Evacuation Plan – Queensland Fire and Rescue
- Queensland Children’s Library
- Australian Child Restraint resource Initiative
- Catching Fire – Fire Safety at Home QFRS Video
- An excellent list of playgrounds compiled and reviewed by kidstodo.com.au
For more information, check back soon, or contact us.